Collection. Information posted on DonateItems is obviously publicly available. Therefore, if you choose to provide us with personal information, you are consenting to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers. We collect and store the following personal information:
• email address, physical contact information;
• computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from DonateItems and (all through cookies – you can take steps to disable the cookies on your browser although this is likely to affect your ability to use the site);
• other information, including users IP address and standard web log information.
Use. We use users' personal information to:
• provide our services;
• resolve disputes, and troubleshoot problems;
• encourage safe donation and communication and enforce our policies;
• customize users' experience, measure interest in our services, and inform users about services and updates;
• Do other things for users as described when we collect the information.
• All information contained by DonateItems is treated as strictly confidential and DonateItems does not and will not disclose or share such confidential information to / with any external organization.
• The users’ privacy is very important to us. We do not and shall not at any point in time, either sell or rent users’ personal information to third parties without users’ explicit consent.
• We may be required from time to time to disclose users’ personal information to Governmental or law enforcing agencies or our regulators, but we will only do so under proper authority.
• DonateItems also reserves the right to make use of the personal information in any investigation or judicial process relating to fraud on account of such transactions during the period DonateItems retains such information.
• We may also disclose personal information to enforce our policies, respond to claims that a posting or other content violates other’s rights, or protects anyone’s rights, property or safety.
• We may also share personal information with:
- Corporate affiliates who help detect or prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint services (Our corporate affiliates will market
only to users who ask them to).
- Service providers who help with our operations.
Using Information from DonateItems. You may use personal information gathered from DonateItems only to follow up with another user about a specific posting, not to send spam/ phishing or collect personal information from someone who hasn't agreed to that.
Access, Modification and Deletion. You can see, modify or erase your personal information by reviewing your posting or account status page. We retain personal information as permitted by law to resolve disputes, enforce our policies; and prevent bad guys from coming back.
Data Security. We use a number of mechanisms (encryption, passwords, physical security) to protect the security and integrity of your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. So while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
General. We may update, upgrade, modify (partially &/or fully) this policy at any time, with updates taking effect when you next post or after 30 days, whichever is sooner.